SMACC will host a hackathon together with Glaston and Business Tampere – apply now!
Hacking the future automatic heat treatment glass manufacturing machines
Digitalization in machine building industry is reshaping the business. Digitalization opens up new and more productive ways for production and increases the customer experience.
Glaston is the leading manufacturer of glass tempering machines in the world. Glaston’s core expertise is in heat treatment technology, and company’s technological leading position is based on customer-oriented product development.
Glaston knows that digitalization will revolutionize the glass machinery and invites you to be part of this journey – join now to the Glaston hackathon.
We are looking for data scientists, IoT experts, software developers, service designers as well as startups, students and researchers to help create and apply new solutions, methods and services that either improve Glaston’s operational excellence, or enable demand-driven service.
The Challenges (pick one and dive in)
- How to collect data where it is not being collected yet, and how to utilize data that is being collected from machines and other devices in different points of the operations?
- Automating data collection for better insights
- How should we enrich the data? What is seen in the data?
- Person/teams that select this challenge will get a data package two weeks before the hackathon
- How could Glaston improve its maintenance service?
- What kind of new tools and solutions Glaston could use in its preventative maintenance services?
- Your ideas, solutions and technologies that can help Glaston to create new future solutions.
- What kind of possibilities Glaston could get by using machine vision in its tempering lines?
- What kind of applications could be used to monitor the production of tempered glasses?
- Could machine vision be used in glass detection in the loading table?
- How could machine vision be used in glass quality control?
- How would you help Glaston digitalize the glass manufacturing business? What kind of new business ideas, improvements or services can you come up with for Glaston?
- Application deadline: 12.10.2017
- Hackathon: 31.10.-2.11.2017
- Place: Tampere, Finland
- Sasu Koivumäki – SVP, Machines and Deputy to the CEO at Glaston Corporation
- Kimmo Kuusela – Director, Customer Engineered Solutions at Glaston Corporation
- Ville Patola – HT Process Expert at Glaston Corporation
- Kai Knuutila – Digitalization Manager at Glaston Corporation
- Miikael Leskinen – User interface designer at Glaston Finland
- Data package will be delivered 16.10.2017 to persons / teams that select the data analytics challenge
- Webinar on week 42 where the persons/teams can ask questions about the challenges
- Apply with a team of 1-5 people.
- All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and all applicants will be informed one week after the deadline.
- Maximum 60 people / 12 teams will be selected to join the hackathon
- Groups that submit early have a small advantage because we have more time to read their applications.
- The attendees will sign Non-Disclosure Agreement, NDA
- 10 000 euros up to 3 winning teams for R&D piloting project
Who will own my idea?
Ideas are free for everyone to use but the IPR for any software codebase or documents produced during the challenge will stay with the team. The host has the first right of refusal to negotiate further collaboration with the team to purchase or continue working on the project initiated at the hack.
For more information, please contact
Katja Koponen, Business Tampere, p. +358 40 525 0722, email@example.com
Kirsi Andersson, Tampere University of Technology, p. +358 40 757 7233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kai Knuutila, Glaston Corporation, + 358 50 351 5113, email@example.com
Glaston is a global company developing glass processing technology for architectural, solar, appliance and automotive applications. Glaston’s portfolio ranges from safety glass machines to services. Glaston is dedicated to customers’ continued success and provide services for all glass processing needs with a lifecycle-long commitment in mind.
Follow us in: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GlastonCorporation/videos